Assistant Category Procurement Manager
Working within our Procurement and Business Services division the role will manage assigned categories to ensure best value. This will be achieved through the formulation and implementation of category sourcing strategies and a disciplined Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Framework to achieve business objectives.
- Support the Procurement and Business Services Team and wider business to deliver on a programme of agreed strategic procurement projects.
- Manage the delivery of category management objectives and develop contract management protocols and performance metrics across the Organisation.
- Aligned with agreed strategic procurement projects, develop new and maintain existing supplier relationships in order to deliver the best value for money for MPS alongside the identification of key supplier relationships and take a lead role in major negotiations.
- Work with managers across the organisation to ensure best procurement solutions are achieved and ensuring that procurement is conducted in compliance with all relevant UK and International legislation.
The Ideal Candidate
- CIPS/MCIPS qualification (or equivalent or working towards).
- Experience of category strategy development, vendor management, procurement and budgeting.
- Strong background in managing and co-ordinating the delivery of a category strategies.
- Experience of developing and maintaining procurement activity.
- Proven track record in negotiation and supply relationship management.
- Vendor management experience, experience of vetting suppliers and analysing supplier contracts.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society