Advisory Case Manager (Medical)
Our Professional Services Division has a requirement for an Advisory Case Manager to join our Advisory Team.
As an Advisory Case Manager you will work closely with our Medicolegal Advisors to respond to requests for assistance from our members on complaints and regulatory/disciplinary matters. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within the Advisory Team to provide a world class service to our members at all times.
You will be responsible for dealing with member queries and providing advice on the telephone and through written correspondence. This role provides the opportunity to manage your own caseload, as well carrying out medicolegal research as required in support of the Advisory Team.
ACMs are responsible for managing their own caseload of Complaints, Advice, Report and Reimbursement cases and are responsible for providing the best solutions to solve member queries, ensuring a world class advisory service to members at all times, with escalation where required.
- Advising members by telephone or in correspondence about a variety of Medico legal issues affecting their professional practice; making case handling decisions, seeking clinical input where required or if appropriate, escalating to a MLC.
- Recording and assessing new requests for assistance from members.
- Assisting and advising members how to formulate Complaint responses in order to achieve the best outcome for the member where there may have a wide spectrum of potential risks to their professional standing
- Advising members on the structure and content of reports to be submitted to by a variety of official bodies including, coroner’s courts, employers and the NHS Resolution
- Carrying out research to ensure that accurate and up to date advice is provided to members at all times.
- Liaise with practice staff and those of NHS Organisations, employers or equivalent bodies who may have involvement in the Complaints Process.
The Ideal Candidate
In order to be considered for this role you should have experience of handling a case load of work, ideally complaints, investigations or legal matters. Experience within a legal, medical or insurance organisation is highly desirable.
Healthcare or legal qualifications are an advantage but not a necessity for the position, we do look for excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information is essential. Finally, you must be able to prioritise, work collaboratively, and to tight deadlines
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society