Adviser - Member Services
At MPS we protect the careers, reputations and financial security of doctors, dentists, healthcare professionals and organisations around the world.
We do this by providing the most expert, trusted, and valued protection to enable our members around the world to deliver healthcare.
Our Direct Sales and Service department have 12 exciting opportunities for Customer Service experts to join our Member Services team. Where you will provide help, guidance, and support to our members in the UK and Ireland. You will work within our unique contact centre to deliver a service that encompasses all our Values and put the members at the heart of everything we do.
What to expect:
There’s lots to learn prior to you starting your role, but don’t worry! We have a fantastic, dedicated training team who as part of your induction we will ensure you have all the knowledge and skills you need; providing you with a bespoke, fully paid 5-week training programme. The training will start on Monday 22nd January 2024, and we will need your full attention during this time, so we won’t be able to accommodate any annual leave during the first five weeks. After training you will move into our high support graduation bay where you will refine your new skills and work with our brilliant established team of customer service experts.
If you are someone who enjoys speaking to people, is confident and wants to join an inclusive, supportive, and dynamic team then send in your application. Our Talent Acquisition Team are waiting to hear from you!
What happens next:
If your application is successful, you will be invited to join one of our assessment centres scheduled between 12th and the 19th of December. This will give us the opportunity to meet you and for you to chat with the team, hear more about MPS, and how we work together to support our members.
About the role:
We have a mixture of 8 full time & 4 part time roles available; full time shifts are Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 and 18:30. Our working week is 37.5 hours in total and our shifts work on a rolling rota of 08:00 – 16:30, 09:00 -17:30 and 10:00 18:30.
Part time shifts are 4 - 4.5hrs any time between 10:30 to 3pm. This shift would support the lunch time period.
This role sits under our ‘hybrid’ persona meaning a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business. You will be provided with full equipment and support to fulfil your role. Please note the 5-week induction and training period will be primarily office based and run from 09:00 to 17:30; this is to provide you with the best possible support during the start of your journey with MPS.
- As an Adviser you will support our members and manage their queries via telephony and email channels.
- Take ownership of member enquiries managing them through to earliest possible resolution and making sure all actions are recorded on the relevant database.
- Act as first point of contact and resolution for complaints, issues, and disputes. Ensuring any expression of dissatisfaction is reported in line with root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Work in collaboration with other business areas when needed to ensure that the service to the member is as seamless as possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within a customer service setting (Call centre or face to face)
- Expert communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Experience building rapport with customers
- Confidence in learning and retaining new information
- Competent IT skills, able to navigate computer equipment and use Microsoft Office products such as Teams and outlook
- Demonstrable experience in handling difficult conversations showcasing empathy and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Hybrid working (Leeds office)
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- Career progression opportunities
- Paid volunteering day
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society