Adviser - Member Services
We are currently recruiting for 12 Customer Service Advisers to join our Leeds team. Working within a unique contact centre environment you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our members.
These are full time roles and shifts are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.30pm. Our working week is 37.5 hours in total.
This is not your usual contact centre role, and our services can be quite complex, there is a lot to learn before you will be able to liaise with our members. We will ensure you have all the knowledge you need by providing you with a comprehensive, fully paid 4-week training schedule. The training will start on Monday 27th Febuary 2023, and we will need your full attention during this time, so we won’t be able to accommodate any annual leave during the first four weeks.
This role sits under our ‘hybrid’ persona meaning a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business.
We offer excellent benefits and in addition to these the department runs a monthly 'Above & Beyond' incentive which is a colleague nomination scheme recognising the achievements of individuals.
Important information for applicants:
If your application is successful, you will be invited to join one of our interview sessions scheduled between 24th January and 02nd Feb. A member of the recruitment team will be in touch before then to discuss your application.
- As an Adviser you will support our members and manage their queries via various channels.
- Take ownership of member enquiries managing them through to earliest possible resolution and making sure all actions are recorded on the relevant database.
- Act as first point of contact for complaints, issues and disputes. Ensuring any expression of dissatisfaction is reported in line with root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Work in collaboration with other business areas when needed to ensure that the service to the member is as seamless as possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will have previous experience within a customer service environment, whether this be contact centre, or face to face. But the most important thing to us is the commitment to providing the best service to our members.
The role can be complex at times, so we need candidates who are comfortable learning and retaining lots of new information. You will need to be confident to talk to members over the phone and by written methods too, and you'll need to know your way round a computer to get to grips with our systems.
Sometimes our members can find themselves in stressful situations, so we need you to be able to demonstrate empathy and have the emotional intelligence to handle difficult conversations.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Hybrid working (Leeds office)
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
- Defined salary and career path, control your own progression and development
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society