Actuarial MI & Data Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with other members of the MPS Actuarial team. You will be responsible for delivering management information and detailed insights to the business, and to improve and automate the processes behind this.
In the short term the role will be heavily focused on using SQL, Access and other tools to improve the production of MI. In the medium term the role will involve implementing actuarial models and some contact with internal and external stakeholders from within and outside of the department.
- Monitor monthly actual versus expected experience and produce MI for various audiences
- Estimate expected experience for the following year
- Support the annual valuation of MPS provisions for use in company accounts including all necessary reporting and additional analysis
- Support the delivery of annual capital assessment for MPS discretionary business for use in financial planning and decision making
- Ensure that the quality of data used in the management information and actuarial processes is of the highest standard and reconciles to source data from the data warehouse.
- Deliver insights from this data, translating it into engaging, useful and easily understood formats.
- Work on the automation of reporting processes
- Assist in performing annual reserve reviews including data preparation, modelling, reporting and interpreting and communicating results
- Work with actuarial colleagues to deliver the annual capital model update and to continually improve the capital model including parameterisation and validation.
The Ideal Candidate
Most importantly we are seeking an enthusiastic, committed individual who is eager to learn from and support our existing team who have a vast amount of expertise in the field.
A numerate degree is essential, along with expert Excel skills. We'd like to see experience of using SQL, Access, ResQ or ReMetrica and a background in general insurance.
We need a problem solver with a good eye for detail and the ability to present data in an engaging way by verbal presentation and written format.
The role may offer the opportunity to progress into other departments and business areas, including pricing, data science and BI. So we would like to see applications from candidates who are keen to grow and develop whilst in the role.
Due to the urgency of this role we may close applications and commence interviews prior to the initial closing date so please submit your application as soon as possible.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society