MPS are the worlds leading Medical Defence Organisation with more than 300,000 members globally. Operating out of Leeds this role supports the provision of comprehensive financial reporting for the wider group and International subsidiaries. It is an ideal opportunity for an ACA Qualified Accountant to make their first steps into industry in a supportive, coaching culture that will stretch your commercial and technical skills and challenge you to innovate learn and develop on a daily basis.
The team has benefited from several key appointments in the past 12 months and is looking for a future finance leader as part of the succession planning and strengthening of this best in class finance function.
Whilst your primary focus will be on the financial integrity of the reporting you will be given autonomy to challenge cost and support the FP&A function and Finance Business Partners to contribute to the reduction of operational expenditure to ensure we are providing the best service possible to our Members.
- Working in collaboration with the Assistant Accountants, Financial Accountant, Group Financial Controller and other stakeholders to deliver the annual financial statements for all Group entities as well as for the pension scheme.
- Review of one-off accounting events to ensure appropriate recognition.
- Hands on support to the Finance Business Partners to ensure correct allocation of cost and appropriate treatment of transactions
- Connecting with the wider Finance Division to ensure that reporting requirements and deadlines, both internally and externally, are met.
- Working with the Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner to prepare and review monthly management reports and providing challenge on outputs compared to known events and historical trends.
- Support the monthly and annual financial accounting processes (Accounts Integrity,, Fixed Assets, Tax, month end and year end processing) within the organisation ensuring timely processing and completion in line with established governance timeframes.
- Support the production of the various parts of the MPS budget as required (bank charges, capital expenditure, depreciation etc) within the Finance division ensuring timely processing and completion in line with governance timeframes.
- Support in the production of monthly management information for review at key governance meetings
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be ACA Qualified (ACCA or CIMA Qualified with relevant industry experience)
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Will be experienced in preparation/ auditing of statutory financial statements under IFRS, FCA or other regulatory bodies
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society